Do you need an internship to fulfill your college degree requirements? Do you want an opportunity to grow and gain valuable experience in a unique and fun internship environment? What if you could do this while making a significant impact on our community, and the future generation of youth? If this sounds ideal to you… then join us at Barefoot Republic!
We have many opportunities to suit a variety of career paths, talents, and interests, both during camp season and during the year.
Audio Engineering/Music Production
- During camp — Loading in and assisting all praise bands with their needs; mixing/running sound for our praise & worship and other large group gatherings
- During camp – assist or lead the teaching of our “Music production” and “making of the band” classes in our fully equipped studio
- Oversee and maintain our recording studio, ensuring gear is cared for, up to date, functioning, etc.
- Assist other creative arts interns/ volunteers in the creation of camp videos, songs, compilation albums, etc. as needed
- Managing, recruiting and/or training volunteers
- Developing a staff training manual
- Researching, writing and/or submitting grants
- Generating a revenue model and growth strategy for a corporate retreat center
- Producing renderings, floor plans and/or cost estimates on future buildings and other facets of our development
- Developing a marketing plan with an emphasis on reaching middle to upper income demographics
- Developing a fundraising plan and event based upon an analysis of current community trends and competition
- Developing a strategic business plan permitting others to replicate our camp model on an international level
- Analyzing our camp’s economic impact on a rural community
- Producing a cost analysis and comparison between summer camping programs across the U.S.
Mass Communication and Creative/Visual Arts
- During camp- daily creation of slideshows, videos, etc.
- During camp – Capture and document “stories”, post video and web blogs, update camp web site, facebook, etc. as camp progresses
- Producing, editing and/or directing a camp promotional video
- Designing, enhancing, and maintaining two Barefoot websites
- Aid in the creation and/or updating of camp promotional materials such as flyers, posters, t-shirts, mini-magazines, and more.
- During camp – athletic trainers needed to assist medical staff
- During camp – nurses needed
- During camp – lifeguard
- During camp – serve as counselors/leaders throughout the summer and minister directly in the lives of youth
- Aid in development of a bible study curriculum for summer camp focusing on the chosen biblical theme, while incorporating themes of racial and socioeconomic reconciliation
- Potential opportunities for large group speaking/teaching to the youth
- Aid in the planning/vision for a post-camp discipleship plan for campers (in partnership with local churches)
- Researching the racial and socioeconomic demographics in the U.S. and relating this to the need for our program
- Focus research on the impact of camp on the campers, community, etc
- Aid in development curriculum for post-camp study focusing upon building Christ-like relationships between youth from different cultural, racial and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Helping to tailor the camp experience/activities to more effectively break down barriers of race and class
- Researching why non-profits are attracted to Nashville
Our staff is more than willing to help cater a project to your specific interests. Please contact our office at 615-599-9683 for additional details.
If you are interested in serving as an intern, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION. If you have questions, please contact Tommy (email@example.com) and Jeff (firstname.lastname@example.org).