26 Oct 3rd Annual 5k 4 MLK
Reconciliation is at the forefront of Barefoot’s mission, and our 5K 4 MLK (run/walk) is a special event to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Through this event we hope to shine a spotlight on the need for both diversity and unity within the Church, honoring those who stood up for justice and civil rights in generations past as we continue to model and advocate for Gospel-centered reconciliation for the generations to come.
Our 3rd Annual 5k 4 MLK will take place on Monday, January 16, starting at 7:30 am at the East Park Community Center.
Below are details for our 3rd Annual 5K 4 MLK run/walk:
- Monday, January 16, 2017
- East Park Community Center (600 Woodland Street, Nashville, TN 37206)
- Packet pick-up and registration starts at 6:30 a.m.
- Event starts at 7:30 a.m. with Keynote Speaker, Race starts at 8:00 a.m.
- Register before 12/31 to guarantee a race day shirt.
- Online registration will close at midnight on 1/13. You can still register at packet pickup and the morning of the race at 6:30 a.m.
- Children 12 & under are free (age as of race day)
- Learn more or register at www.5K4MLK.com
$25 – Nov 1 – Dec 31
$30 – Jan 1 – Jan 13
$35 – Jan 14 (Onsite packet pick up) – Jan 16 (Race Day onsite)
Sponsorship opportunities are also available. Please click here to view our 2017 5K 4 MLK sponsorship packet.
Volunteers are needed the week of the event to assist with race packet assembly, and on the day of the event to help in many capacities. Email email@example.com or call 615-599-9683 with questions and to volunteer.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Barefoot Republic Camp’s scholarship fund. As a commitment to socioeconomic diversity at our camp, we provide financial aid to at least 50% of our campers every summer. In 2017, we anticipate awarding over 1,500 campers with full and partial scholarships totaling more than $600,000. Thank you for considering how you might participate and for supporting the shared dream of Dr. King and Barefoot Republic Camp.